Membership to PWDWA is free and open to West Australian residents living with a disability (full membership) or those who identify with the aims of the organisation (Associate).
To see all the current events, go to our Events page!
State Election on March 11 – PWDWA Priorities – Click here for full document
PWdWA has prepared a set of election priorities that are important to our members based on feedback from our individual and systemic advocacy work. PWDWA is asking all parties in the 2017 state election to commit to act on these 6 priorities:
• Provide people with disability access to affordable housing and real choice of accommodation options
• Ensure our education system is inclusive, safe, has learning outcomes, and their are jobs
ACCESS & INCLUSION
• Ensure public transport and the built environment are fully accessible, and people with disability can participate in community
• Eliminate the use of restrictive practices in all settings and fund advocacy and peak bodies
ACCESS TO JUSTICE
• Develop a Disability Justice Strategy and programmes for people in contact with police and the justice system
ACCESS TO NDIS
• Ensure meaningful co-design and engagement with people with disability and no disadvantage